Visa & Residence Permit

Visa & Residence Permit


According to the related regulations, international students coming to study in China should apply for an X1 visa, or an X2 visa. Without the correct student visa, students will not be able to register at the university.

International students can apply for an X1 / X2 visa to the Chinese embassy or consulate in their country with the Admission Notice of Tourism College of Zhejiang, the original copies of the Visa Application for Study in China (JW201/JW202 Form), Foreigner Physical Examination Form and blood test report.

1.X1 Visa is for people studying in China for more than 6 months. Once issued, it allows applicants 30 days to register at the international student office of their university and apply for a residence permit. Before applying for a residence permit, however, students are required to get a health report from the local Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau(Zhejiang International Travel Healthcare Center).

2.X2 visa is for people engaging in short-term (less than 6 months) academic activities in China. It specifies how many days in total applicants are allowed to stay in China on the visa page. For instance, if you enter China with an X2 visa valid for 90 days on September 1, you may stay until November 29.

Residence Permit

Residence permit is issued to people studying in China for more than 6 months. Once granted, it allows students unlimited entry into China for the time that the visa is valid. New students holding an X1 visa shall apply for a residence permit to the Department of Entry & Exit Administration, Hangzhou Public Security Bureau, within 30 days from the date of entry in China.

Step 1: Prepare all related materials
·Passport and a copy
·Registration Voucher of Residence and a copy
·Physical Examination Report
·White background photo, Passport size photo
·Residence Permit Application Form
·Official Letter (Issued by TCZJ)
·Admission Letter and a copy (Freshmen Only)
·JW202/201 yellow sheet (Freshmen Only)

Step 2: Bring all materials (Mentioned in Step 1) to Entry and Exit Reception Hall of Xiaoshan District Public Security Sub-Bureau.

Entry and Exit Reception Hall of Xiaoshan District Public Security Sub-Bureau
Working time: Monday to Friday (9:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00, daylight saving time is 14:30-17:30), except for legal holidays.
Address: Block H, 3rd Floor, No.1069 Shixinzhong Road, Beigan Street, Xiaoshan District, Hangzhou (Building B, Science and Technology Innovation Center)
Tel: 0571-82621906
Fee: 400 RMB per time
Collection Date: About 15 working days